Veneers are a great solution for many people who are unhappy with their smiles and want a permanent improvement. These thin porcelain shells are bonded to the surface of teeth to make the smile more appealing. You and your dentist can choose the shade you prefer, and a minimal amount of preparation is required before attaching the veneers.
Many kinds of problems disappear with dental veneers. Some of the common reasons that people choose veneers include:
- tooth discoloration or staining
- crooked teeth
- worn teeth
- too much gums visible
- uneven teeth
- misshapen teeth
- bite problems
- overly sensitive teeth
No matter what flaws you might be getting dental veneers to hide, these restorations offer a number of advantages:
- Your real teeth may look unhealthy and damaged, but covering them with veneers gives them a healthy glow of a well-cared-for smile.
- Veneers look very natural, because the porcelain material is translucent and offers a glassy appearance.
- Porcelain resists stains so your smile will stay as white and bright as the day you got the veneers.
- Veneers last anywhere from ten years to a lifetime, depending on the quality of the application and your proper maintenance of them afterwards.
- There is no special care required other than your usual brushing and flossing routine.
- Veneers can increase your self-esteem, since you can feel confident that your smile is the best it’s ever been.
We treat patients from Toronto and the surrounding area