To Our Dear Patients:
Welcome to 2021 … We’re glad 2020 is over.
Covid-19 is still in its infancy; however, we can be optimistic that we have at least 2 vaccines approved in Canada for use against this coronavirus. The sooner we can get the vaccines, the sooner we can get back to a “somewhat” normal lifestyle.
Since our closure in March 2020, we can say dentistry has changed in terms of how we manage all patients regardless of whether they have Covid-19. We are armed with a multitude of “Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)” items. Here at the Royal Bank Plaza Dental Centre, we have invested and chosen to use a full complement of PPE equipment, barriers, and gear to keep our staff and patients protected. In addition to our standard disinfection and sterilization of dental instruments and equipment, we are using:
- Disposable KN95/N95 Respirator Masks
- Face Shields
- Disposable Gloves
- Disposable and washable Gowns
- Hand Sanitizers in every room and reception area
- Barriers for the front desk reception area
- Clear Acrylic doors and partitions to enclose every operatory room
- Professional HEPA Air Purifiers for every room and reception area in consultation with a Professional HVAC Mechanical Engineer
- Antimicrobial hard surface cleaners for all areas of the office including the waiting room, washroom, and reception
All patients will undergo a Pre-Screening questionnaire and mandatory temperature testing before entry to our office. As well, patients will be required to enter the office wearing a mask (otherwise complimentary masks will be provided). In the waiting room, physical distancing rules are observed.
The fear of Covid-19 has forced many of our patients to delay dental treatment. As of January 2021, we are finding many patients have delayed treatment at least 9 months already. We are concerned that a delay can cause further complications to your treatment plan. We are confident that we can provide your necessary dental services in a safe environment. Please call us if you have any questions regarding our office Covid-19 protocols and we would be happy to answer them. We value your trust and look forward to welcoming you back!